FULL-TIME, ENTRY-LEVEL TO INTERMEDIATE POSITION
Our full-time Associate Account Manager Position will provide coverage details to customers and further develops relationships with renewal and eventually new business accounts. This position requires a team player who can delve into coverage and relate to customer and market conditions. Excellent customer service, communication and a desire to learn are key to success in this position. Associate Account Managers have many opportunities to grow in this position.
- Submission Marketing:
- Receive new business applications for insurance from independent agent customers.
- Responsible for reviewing and qualifying the risks and exposures specific to management liability and professional liability.
- Act as a liaison between the company underwriters and the independent agent customers to negotiate favorable insurance proposals.
- Internal Sales:
- Responsible for studying various insurance proposals to determine viability for selling to independent agency customer.
- Responsible for discussing the features and benefits of each proposal with customers and ultimately asks for the sale.
- Responsible for building policy comparisons and other selling techniques to sell against competing proposals.
- Customer Focus & Responsibility:
- Responsible for building and maintaining constructive business relationships with independent agent customers over the phone. Travel is very minimal.
- Responsible for managing/growing a book of business, but does not have individual ownership of the business as Apogee owns all business written.
- Responsible for learning and understanding company underwriters’ appetites for risk and exposure.
- Responsible for servicing policies and issuing endorsements
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong presentation and organizational skills
• Ability to work both independently & in teams
• Motivated, results-driven sales personality
EDUCATION: College Bachelor’s Degree
• 1-3 years of hands-on experience in sales and/or marketing is preferred
• Prior insurance product knowledge and insurance education – a plus!
• Receive compensation for training and continuing education while you learn the business.
• Competitive base salary and benefits package with quarterly and end of year bonuses based on production.
|Job Category||Business, Customer Service, Finance, Insurance, Sales|