GENERAL PRIVACY NOTICE
Last modified: January 10, 2020
Apogee Insurance Group (“Apogee,” “we,” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this General Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”). In accordance with that commitment, this Privacy Notice is intended to notify you of our practices for protecting, collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information.
For purposes of this Privacy Notice, “personal information” means any information that identifies or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household. Personal information does not include publicly available information, deidentified data, or aggregate consumer information.
Please carefully read this entire Privacy Notice to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal information. Your use of our website as well as our products and services will be deemed acceptance of our privacy policies and practices.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Such measures involve strict physical, electronic, administrative, and procedural safeguards.
Personal Information Collected
Depending on the particular individual and business purpose, we may collect any of the following from you:
- Identifiers and other personal information, including or regarding your name, characteristics protected under state or federal law, postal address, email address, telephone number, social security number, account information, relevant medical, property and financial information, employment history, insurance licenses, policy numbers, and other coverages.
Additionally, we may collect commercial information, such as credit and claims history and motor vehicle reports, from consumer reporting companies.
Purposes of Collected Personal Information
We may use personal information collected about you:
- For various communications with you, as needed
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose for which you provide it and/or consent
Third Parties/Disclosure of Collected Personal Information
We will not sell collected personal information to any third parties whatsoever. Additionally, we will only disclose personal information to third parties when required and permitted by law. For example, we may disclose collected personal information:
- To individuals or entities as necessary to perform transactions you request or authorize
- To enforce or apply our agreements with you
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Apogee, our customers, and/or others
- With state insurance departments or other governmental or law enforcement authorities if required by law or to protect our legal interests, including in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities
- If ordered by a subpoena or other court order
While we may have links to third party organizations and companies, a link does not constitute an endorsement of content, viewpoint, policies, products, or services of that website. Please be aware that Apogee is not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites even though Apogee’s logo may appear on those sites. This Privacy Notice applies solely to our website.
Cookies/Automatic Data Collection
Cookies help promote functionality and to personalize your experience. Cookies are small text files automatically sent from a website the user is browsing and stored in the user’s web browser. Some cookies are present only for the session, while other cookies persist for a pre-determined time. In some cases, the browser sends the cookie back to the server every time the user loads that website.
Most browsers allow you to manage your cookie preferences with common options such as:
- Enable or disable all cookies indefinitely (i.e., always accepted or always blocked)
- Selectively block cookies
- View and selectively delete cookies
- Wipe all private data, including cookies
- Block third party (tracking) cookies
Some browsers also have extensions or add-on tools for managing cookies and cookie permissions. For more information about managing or disabling cookies, check your browser or mobile device settings, and visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We will occasionally modify our Privacy Notice as needed. Any changes will be incorporated into this Privacy Notice, and the most recent version of the Privacy Notice will always be posted on our website. The date the Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically reviewing our website and this Privacy Notice for any changes. Your continued use of this website will be deemed acceptance of any such changes.
Privacy Notice Applicability
This Privacy Notice merely supplements, and does not replace, other applicable privacy policies and procedures that relate to your business relationships with Apogee.
For questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please write us at:
Attn: Legal and Compliance, Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
1190 Devon Park Drive
Wayne, PA 19087
You may also email us at email@example.com.