Job Description: The Account Manager role is a production seat focused on both creating submission opportunities and converting those opportunities to revenue. The Account Manager will work within an assigned customer base to provide a high level customer service experience while they handle their business opportunities. This position will include the opportunity for professional development, insurance education, networking, and introduction to a variety of different career paths for future advancement.
New Business Marketing and Premium Development:
- Responsible for managing and growing an assigned territory
- Market Apogee’s products within an assigned territory to bring in new business opportunities
- Build trusting relationships with independent retail insurance agencies in defined territory, while serving as an advocate during the application, underwriting, and quoting process.
- Facilitate the placement and purchase of professional liability insurance coverage for each assigned submission/account
- Responsible for learning and understanding company underwriters’ appetites for risk and exposure
- Qualify new business opportunities for presentation to insurance company underwriters;
- Follow up timely with insurance company underwriters to retrieve quotation proposal
- Responsible for studying various insurance proposals to determine viability for selling to independent agency customer
- Present and sell insurance proposals to retail agent customers sharing features and benefits to compete for the sale
- Build policy comparisons and other selling techniques to sell against competing proposals
- Convert the new opportunities into revenue by closing the sale
- Manage a renewal book of business and prioritize based on expiration and customer expectations
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- P&C License (must obtain within first 90 days of employment)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Motivated and results-driven personality
- Effective negotiation skills
- Driven, competitive, with an entrepreneurial drive
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience in customer service, communication, sales, or marketing is preferred, but recent graduates are encouraged to apply!
- Prior insurance product knowledge and insurance education – a plus!
- Competitive base salary and benefits package with quarterly and end of year bonuses based on production.
- Receive compensation for training and continuing education while you learn the business
- High-energy and performance-driven work culture, while embracing a flexible life balance
- Frequent customer interaction and networking opportunities, including carrier and customer outings, insurance industry events, etc.
- Free lunch provided daily
- Full gym on site
- Company phone & Surface laptop provided
- Corporate Amex and Corporate Enterprise account
- Dinner and Hotel paid for while traveling overnight
At Apogee, our goal is to strengthen our community and culture by representing all races, genders, religions and sexual orientations. We continue to move conversations about diversity, equity and inclusion forward to ensure every community member has a sense of belonging, a voice and a seat at the table.
If you have questions regarding your application status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Account Management, Customer Service, Marketing, Sales|