- California (Southern)
- Florida (Southern)
- North Carolina
- Pennsylvania (North East)
- South Carolina
- Texas (Dallas)
- Virginia (Richmond)
Job Description: Entry-level sales position with many opportunities for growth. Focused on generating business activity from independent retail insurance agencies (warm leads) and potential buyers within a defined territory. Primary responsibilities include: (1) drive new business submission activity through outbound phone calls, video meetings, and potential in-person meetings to retail insurance agencies, (2) prospecting new customer potential, (3) following up on leads generated through electronic, internet, and social media outlets, (4) assisting account managers in the selling of quotes, and (5) maintaining and updating customer contact information and data.
Generate New Small Business Opportunities using telephone and web-quoting platforms
- Drive new business activity through independent retail insurances agencies by conducting quoting demos over the phone, by video, or in person
- Schedule 48 customer demos monthly
- Utilize technical and sales skills to demonstrate the ease and accessibility through digital platforms
- Build a pipeline of small business quotes
- Become expert in quoting systems and in Apogee products, focusing on one insurance company
- Follow up on lost opportunities from prior years and convert leads to formal activity
- Partner with insurance carrier to host joint customer product demos
- Seeks customers in a defined territory with homogeneous types of business that fall within insurance carrier’s appetite
Prospecting – Establish New Relationships:
- Perform internet research to gather information on potential new customers
- Prospect retail agencies through systematic and persistent sales calls to initiate contact and uncover opportunities for new business
- Revisit prospects that have contacted us in the past where a relationship doesn’t currently exist
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- P&C License (must obtain within first 90 days of employment)
- Excellent verbal presentation and computer skills
- Energetic, goal-oriented, methodical, accountable, and has a positive attitude
- Multi-tasking, team player with time management and organizational skills
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience in customer service, communication, sales, or marketing is preferred, but recent graduates are encouraged to apply!
- Prior insurance product knowledge and insurance education – a plus!
- Base salary and benefits package plus year end performance-based bonuses
- Receive compensation for training and continuing education while you learn the business
- High-energy and performance-driven work culture, while embracing a flexible life balance
- Frequent customer interaction and networking opportunities, including carrier and customer outings, insurance industry events, etc.
- Free lunch provided daily (from when working within the office)
- Full gym on site (from when working within the office)
- Company phone & Surface laptop provided
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Parental leave
- Profit sharing
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
At Apogee, our goal is to strengthen our community and culture by representing all races, genders, religions and sexual orientations. We continue to move conversations about diversity, equity and inclusion forward to ensure every community member has a sense of belonging, a voice and a seat at the table.
If you have questions regarding your application status, please email email@example.com.
|Job Category||Customer Service, Marketing, Sales|