Entry to Intermediate-level sales position available with many opportunities for growth. Focused on generating submissions from independent retail insurance agencies (warm leads) and potential buyers within a defined territory.
Primary responsibilities include: (1) drive new business submission opportunities through outbound phone calls to retail insurance agencies, (2) prospecting new customer potential, (3) following up on leads generated through electronic, internet, and social media outlets, (4) assisting account managers in the selling of quotes, and (5) maintaining and updating customer contact information and data.
Drive New Business Submissions:
- Utilize sales skills to demonstrate the features and benefits of Apogee products and services
- Build and maintain relationships with Apogee’s current customer base
- Have a minimum of 30 outbound customer conversations daily
- Convert internet leads to formal submissions
- Follow up on lost opportunities from prior years
Prospecting – Establish New Relationships:
- Perform internet research to gather information on potential new customers
- Prospect retail agencies through systematic and persistent sales calls to initiate contact and uncover opportunities for new business
- Revisit prospects that have contacted us in the past where a relationship doesn’t currently exist
Assisting with the Sales and Marketing Teams as Needed:
- Maintain and distribute incoming internet leads from centralized email box
- Uphold customer service promises
- Become educated on professional and management products and service offering through trainings, seminars, and independent study
- Assist account managers with converting quotes to binders.
- Energetic, goal-oriented, methodical, accountable, and has a positive attitude
- Multi-tasking, team player with time management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently & in teams
- Obtain Property & Casualty License within first 90 days.
- Enroll and complete formal insurance education program for both professional and personal development as outlined in individual development plan (AINS, RPLU).
- Attend regular sales training sessions to improve sales skills, technical product knowledge, and competitor information.
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience in sales and/or marketing is preferred, however graduating college seniors and recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Prior insurance product knowledge and insurance education – a plus!
- Competitive base salary and benefits package plus commission based upon production
- Receive compensation for training and continuing education while you learn the business
- High-energy and performance-driven work culture, while embracing a flexible life balance
- Frequent customer interaction and networking opportunities, including carrier and customer outings, insurance industry events, etc.
- Free lunch provided daily (from when working within the office)
- Full gym on site (from when working within the office)
- Company phone & Surface laptop provided
- Dinner and Hotel paid for while traveling overnight
At Apogee, our goal is to strengthen our community and culture by representing all races, genders, religions and sexual orientations. We continue to move conversations about diversity, equity and inclusion forward to ensure every community member has a sense of belonging, a voice and a seat at the table.
If you have questions regarding your application status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Account Management, Customer Service, Marketing, Sales|