Apogee is currently operating full-time from within our three offices, with some flexibility extended as needed. Some sales positions are remote or travel-based depending on where in the country they are located.
- Apogee Oak Brook, IL Office
- Apogee Wayne, PA Office
- Florida (Boca Raton, Fort Myers, Miami, Orlando, Sarasota)
- North Carolina (Charlotte, Fayetteville, Greensboro, High Point, Raleigh, Wilmington, Winston-Salem)
Job Description: Our Agency Representatives are business to business salespeople focused on generating new business opportunities by sharing the Apogee story and our insurance products with independent retail agent customers. A successful teammate develops and nurtures business relationships over a variety of mediums, including: video conferencing, outbound telephone calls, and in-person visits. This sales and marketing position demands a self-driven, competitive team player with the urgency, organization and time-management skills to produce results.
Generate New Business Opportunities from independent retail insurances agencies by outbound sales activity
- Share the Apogee Story with independent retail agents, including our service promises, our specialization, speed, accessibility, and value-added service.
- Utilize sales skills to demonstrate the features and benefits of all Apogee products and services
- Ask probing questions to uncover customer pain and obstacles in regards to professional and management liability. Convert these entry-points to new business applications (asking where Apogee can fit that need)
- Follow up on previously discussed prospects to convert to new business opportunities
- Follow up on lost opportunities from prior years and convert leads to formal activity
- Drive submission and premium production to meet minimum sales activity goals – combination of submission flow, customer virtual visits, and premium/binder production
- Become well-versed in current industry-related events and market changes to drive relatable opportunities
Develop Customer Relationships:
- Work to know assigned territory and customers, building trusting relationships and Apogee believers
- Grow the Apogee brand by prospecting for new customer potential in assigned territory; identify cluster groups, agency networks, or any other customer groups and work in conjunction with other team members to formulate a plan of action
- Be a customer advocate during the insurance application/underwriting and quoting process
- Monitor production of customers to achieve goals.
- Schedule joint video conferencing customer appointments with carrier partners and in-house product experts/leadership quarterly.
- Communicate regularly with in-house account managers to enhance knowledge about submission activity and partner with in-house team to enhance the quoting process to meet the needs of the individual customer.
- Attend and engage in territory customer networking/industry events (to identify new customer prospects and convert current customer prospects to customers)
- Utilize sales software (ACT), account management software (AIM) and MS Office to manage customer relationships and update customer profiles.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- P&C License (must obtain within first 90 days of employment)
- Excellent verbal presentation and computer skills
- Energetic, goal-oriented, methodical, accountable, and has a positive attitude
- Multi-tasking, team player with time management and organizational skills
- Motivated and results-driven personality, with an entrepreneurial drive
- Enroll and complete formal insurance education program for both professional and personal development as outlined in individual development plan (AINS, RPLU).
- Attend regular sales training sessions to improve sales skills, technical product knowledge, and competitor information.
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience in sales, marketing, and/or communications.
- Prior insurance product knowledge and insurance education – a plus!
- Commission-based sales role plus base salary with uncapped commission based on results
- Commissions paid monthly, salary paid bi-monthly
- Full benefits package for you and your family
- Collaborative and fun company culture with healthy work-life balance
- Receive compensation for training and continuing education while you learn the business
- Frequent customer interaction and networking opportunities, including carrier and customer outings, insurance industry events, etc.
- Company phone & Surface laptop provided
At Apogee, our goal is to strengthen our community and culture by representing all races, genders, religions and sexual orientations. We continue to move conversations about diversity, equity and inclusion forward to ensure every community member has a sense of belonging, a voice and a seat at the table.
If you have questions regarding your application status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Marketing, Sales|