What is Apogee’s Cannabis Liability Appetite?
At this time, Apogee can only consider management and cyber liability for companies operating in the cannabis industry. We can only consider E&O for consultants. To learn more about a certain type of coverage, please click the coverage name below:
- D&O (Cannabis premium rates range from $20,000 to $100,000 annually)
- E&O (For consultants only)
What Classes Are Eligible for Cannabis Liability?
- Product Manufactures
- Retail Stores
- Tech-related products
Cannabis Claims Examples
Directors & Officers
American cannabis company MedMen’s executives are facing a $20 million lawsuit over accusations that include a lack of transparency as well as the directors and officers enriching themselves at the expense of shareholders.
A cannabis dispensary that has been in business for nearly 5 years suffers a devastating ransomware attack. One morning, all of the company’s computer systems and data, including data belonging to the company’s customers, was encrypted along with all of their backups. The ransom requested was 50 Bitcoin, equivalent to about $400,000. A typical cyber liability policy would pay the cost to resume business as usual.
Coverage May Include
- Additional Insured Coverage for Vendors, Landlords, & State and Municipal Licensors;
- Stop Gap Coverage/Employee Benefits Liability
- Claims arising from vicarious liability, i.e. if the insured is named in a claim in connection with an outside service provider’s rendering or failure to render professional services on behalf of the insured
- Defense and investigation costs incurred to respond to a claim